Sunday, January 6, 2013

Bring it on, 2013!


So, we've made it through the first week of 2013. I must say, I feel pretty good about this year! I don't recall ever feeling this optimistic at the beginning of a new year before... It's nice! I'm just really glad to be out of 2012. 2012 can kiss my glorious butt. I won't miss it, and if it had a face, I'd punch it. Ok, honestly, it wasn't a horrible year... I've definitely had worse. It wasn't this Cinderella's wicked step-mother. It was more like my ugly step-sister. I really don't give a flying crap if  2013 brings me Prince Charming. Just give me the dang glass slippers and the dress. And maybe a carriage. 'Cause, come on, those are pretty sweet.

I just feel refreshed now. More hopeful. I can't explain it... And I know this sounds cliche, but I really believe this is 'my year'. I've been in a little funk lately, which is mostly to blame for my absence from the blog. Although, I've been keeping my Facebook page alive. I just haven't really felt like I had much to say. I've just been so frustrated... Mostly about the same old things. I'm really ready for my side-kick and me to be out on our own. I'm ready for us to be living our life the way I feel we should be living it. I'm ready for time to ourselves and adventures just the two of us can share. Here's another one of my "If I'm Being Honest" moments: I want to prove that there's more to me than meets the eye... And, for some reason, I'm directing that toward my ex and his family. I know that I have nothing to prove. Not to them, anyway. But, I feel like I'm being looked down upon when I'm not the royal screw-up in the situation (and because I'm not the person his mom seems to think that I should be). Now, please don't get me wrong: I wasn't innocent, either. But, nothing I did was a deal-breaker. Nothing I did was heartless or cruel. Just stupid little mistakes of a young girl who didn't know much about marriage. Or life. I didn't realize just how much I had to learn. And, in the 3 years that I've been back home, I'd say I've learned a great deal. As much as I've learned though, I'm still not where I want to be- Where I feel  that I need to be.

I see myself and the Side-Kick in our own little apartment decorated with my artwork and creations and all of the cute little things he's made in school. With the aroma of some of the recipes I've pulled off of Pinterest wafting through the air. Our own personal touches everywhere. I don't need much to be happy. And if you were to ask me for my definition of "Happiness", that would be it. I've also finally decided what I want to go to school for and have almost all of the money saved up for it! My goal is to get us to a certain nearby town. It's an artsy little beach town, that's also a nice little tourist destination. I've always wanted to live there, and it would be a great place to sell my artwork and creations. And my Mama is there! I think it would be the perfect place to live, and I'm trying really hard to get us out there.

I may not be where I want to be, but it sure feels great to finally have a game plan. I don't really do the whole New Year's Resolution thing, but my goals are:

*Get into school and get a good job
*Stop worrying about what certain people think.
*Inspire and be inspired.
*Be better than I was at keeping up with this blog
*Try harder to get my artwork and writing "Out There"

Well, here we go! Here's to a fantastic 2013! *Cheers*


1 comment: